Institute of Engineering, Sciences, Technologies and Arts (IESTA) is a non-government and non-profit organization. IESTA is established in 2014, and has a vision to promote sciences, technologies and arts for humanities and societies. To achieve the visions, IESTA conducts missions as follows:
- Provide consultancy for educational program development with quality assurance and quality control management and with continuous development supports.
- Conduct community development programs especially the implementation of the programs in rural areas.
- Disseminate information about advancement of sciences, technologies and arts.
- Develop program to support traditional cultures to face science and technology progressive and keep both in harmony.
IESTA has a subsidiary organization namely SO-RESPECT (Society of Renewable Energy Systems, Power Plant and Electric Vehicles Technology).
Society of Renewable Energy Systems, Power Plant and Electric Vehicles Technology (SO-RESPECT) is a subsidiary organization of IESTA. It is also a non-government organization established to promote sciences, to carry out technology transfer and the acceleration of renewable energies and electric vehicles utilization, as well as to support the educational programs for society in mastering physics and chemistry.
The SO-RESPECT expects young generations to deep learn basic sciences including chemistry and physics. Inventions of new and renewable energies are initiated from well-structured talents and comprehensions about chemistry and physics. Energy conversion and storage technologies have been challenging issues in renewable energy era. Currently there are two major options for electric energy storages i.e., battery bank storage or hydrogen tank storage. Both issues not only affect the power plant technology development in the future but also affect the electric vehicles (EV) technology development. Currently, EVs can be categorized into battery electric vehicles (BEVs), hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs), plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs) and fuel-cell electric vehicles (FCEV) that stores energy source in a hydrogen tank. In the future, hydrogen production technology could potentially introduce new vehicle counterparts. Using hydrogen tank, an internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicle can be converted partially or transformed directly to be a hydrogen ICE vehicle (HICEV) with minimum low-cost spare parts replacement. FCEVs produce zero emission, while HICEVs release near zero emission. HICEVs still emit trace amount of CO2 and small amount of NOx. This is a remain challenge for young generations to suppress the carbon emission of the HICEVs.
Green hydrogen production has been an impressive and hot topic nowadays. Hydrogen energy can be obtained from the electrolysis reactions of Water (H2O), which are the most dominant substances or material on earth beside Oxygen (O2). Green hydrogen production relates to water splitting technology, which makes use of photon energy that is converted to be thermal and electric energies. Both are essential energies to split Hydrogen (H2) and Oxygen (O2) from water.
Becoming an IESTA membership is free of charge. Once registered as IESTA membership, you do not also need to extend you membership. As IESTA member you can be also affiliated as a member of Society of Renewable Energy Systems, Power Plant and Electric Vehicles Technology (SO-RESPECT). Please fill out the following field to register as IESTA membership!
In line with its missions, IESTA provide the following services:
- Providing consultancy for educational program development with quality assurance and quality control management and with continuous improvement supports.
- Conducting community development programs especially the implementation of the programs in rural areas.
- Dissemination of sciences, technologies and arts.
- Program development to support traditional cultures to face science and technology progressive and keep both in harmony.
- Awarding scholarship for talented young generation (IESTA Scholarship Program). This program will be implemented in the future.
Find us in
Jl. KH. Wahid Hasyim No. 246 Sungguminasa, Gowa, Sulawesi Selatan